What do you do if your Business SCREWS UP and your Customer suffers?
Do you POINT blame at your staff, do you blame the ECONOMY, do you look to DEFLECT blame on to anyone but you?
Do you find it DIFFICULT to say “I’m SORRY”?
At the end of the day, if you OWN the Business, EVERYTHING that happens within its framework IS your responsibility. Lets face it, things do go WRONG in Business and deep down ALL Customers understand that as long as the situation is HANDLED well.
So how should you MANAGE the situation when it arrives?
- ACCEPT blame quickly. Don’t wait until all avenues are exhausted.
- Have (genuine) EMPATHY for the Customer and what affect it has had on them.
- Re-act immediately and devise a PLAN to resolve the issue as quickly as possible with the LEAST amount of fuss.
- Over COMMUNICATE every step with those involved.
- DEBRIEF soon afterwards and determine the CAUSE of the issue.
- Put a plan in place to MINIMISE the possibility of it occurring again.
- COMMUNICATE this plan back to the customer.
If you follow these simple steps with GRACE and DIGNITY, you will not only