How many things have you started and not finished?
You had a good idea, went in head first only to lose momentum and give up before the end. I see it all the time and everyone is guilty of it at some point.
But is it more OFTEN than NOT?
Look around you and take a deep breath; what do you see? If you see a pile of HALF DONE PROJECTS and nothing to show for them you’re suffering from “I’ll get to that later”
My Suggestion: Do one thing, do it well, then start the next.
- Make a list of all the half done projects over the last year or two.
- Analyse each and determine if the idea is still sound and short list them to the 3 best.
- Prioritise them in order of biggest impact.
- Start at number 1.
- Keep going until complete (don’t give up, don’t get side-tracked)
- Only when you are happy with the results of project 1 are you to move onto project number 2.
Try this as a technique to train yourself into a culture of COMPLETING rather than NOT.
Do this and your PERSISTENCE will lead to PROFIT in the long run.