Back from possibly THE MOST RELAXING and rejouvinating Holiday I have ever had. Spent 8 nights in Fiji, soaking in the pool, cocktail in hand.
But ALAS, all good things must come to and end, or do they?
Why is it that the normal seems to be mostly work and little play. I’ve been an Entrepreneur most of my adult life and it sure has been that way for me.
Why can’t it be the other way around?
I’m not sure if its just the stage of life I am in or whether the business years behind me have finally taught me something, but I don’t want to work my proverbial off and have no time left for whats most important to me. My Family and ME.
So here are a few things I plan to do (and share with you) from here on in.
- Balance – for every hour of work in any given week there must at least be the same amount of time to spend with my family or on me time. (not including sleep)
- Eliminate – de clutter and simplify everything around me, stuff on my desk, junk in the cupboards, newsletter emails I never read, clothes I don’t wear, useless tasks that don’t lead to anything, bad food I shouldn’t be eating.
- Leverage – stop doing everything myself and see if there are ways to leverage others. Outsource menial tasks to Assistants, improve communication between others and remove myself as the bottle neck for anything. Spend all of my time focussing on things that will lead to results. Then go home early.
- Set and ACHIEVE Personal Goals – get cracking on all those things I’ve put off because I’ve been too busy. Get fit, play guitar, ride my motorcycle, learn another language, travel.
- Enjoy my KIDS – I have three young kids and they are growing up fast. I don’t want to look back in years to come and regret not having spent time with them. These young years are fabulous to be a part of and sure do want to be there amongst them (often)
- SMILE more – I just want to enjoy and live now, not later, not next year, not when I retire and am too old to enjoy. NOW.
Leave me a comment and let me know what it is you’d rather be doing RIGHT NOW… Then get on with making it happen.