Way too many of us get HUNG up on the day to day. We spend all of our time keeping the wheels spinning with BARELY a moment to rest let alone work on our STRATEGY.
If ONLY we stood back every once in a WHILE.
The key to growth is CHANGE.
The key to change is ACTION.
The key to action is PLANNING.
How the hell can we plan if we DON’T stop for a breath?
Small Business owners are a-typical work IN the Business and rarely ON the business.
Here are a few methods I use to stop and take stock:
- Schedule in time in the diary (at least once per month) and DON’T move it.
- Have a STRUCTURED approach i.e. Review, plan, set actions, timeframes and set owners.
- Set yourself BONUSES if you complete a major goal i.e. buy that TOY you’ve always wanted when (and only when) you reach your profit target.
- Have someone you are accountable to and SHARE your goals and visions and ask them to help you to stay focused.
- Have time set aside each week to ADVANCE these goals.
- STRETCH yourself, you’ll be amazed how much more you achieve over a year.